What are Profiles?
Profiles are forms that you can create in PCRecruiter to collect information. The most common use of these forms is for collecting specific information from a candidate during the qualification process. For example, you can setup a form with specific questions you ask candidates (i.e. about their background, what they’re looking for, current search efforts, hot buttons, etc.). When on a name record, you can click the Submit Profile action icon and select the Profile form to complete on the candidate. You can use your profile form to guide your conversation and record their answers. When you click Save, the form is stored in the Attachments area of the name record. All answers are indexed and keyword searchable.
A profile link can be generated when emailing or sending a form letter to a candidate in the database. This provides the ability for candidates to answer your defined questions, plus submit their resume or other attachments in one form. After the recipient saves the form, the data is immediately submitted to your database. The resume they upload is stored in the ‘Resume’ area of their Name record. The Profile and other files they upload are stored in ‘Attachments’. Profiles can also be configured to send an email to a specific email address or the user who sent the profile to alert them that the Profile was submitted.
Adding a New Profile
- Adding a New Profile Name and Settings
- Click System on the main toolbar.
- Click the Database Setup
- Click Profile Setup
- Click the Add action to create a new profile.
- You will be presented with the following options:
- Profile Name: Enter the name for this profile as it will appear in dropdown menus throughout the program and at the top of the form.
- Form Letter Clickable Text: When inserting a link to a profile in a form letter, by default the link is displayed as ‘Click Here to Open (Profile Name)’. Enter text in this field to override the label of the link.
- Description: Enter a brief description of the profile. Many use this area to explain the form’s purpose to internal users.
- Profile Category: Select Generic Profile to be used as a ‘questionnaire’, or Resume Feedback Profile if it will be used to collect feedback on a candidate when sending a resume.
- Profile Type: Choose ‘Single Profile (Allow Edit) if submitting the form results in only one attachment of this form, and future submittals only allow editing the existing form. Or, select ‘Create Multiple Profiles’ if a record can have more than one version of this form. In this mode, future submittals will open a new version of the form resulting in multiple attachments of the same form.
- Response Activity Type: Select an activity type to be logged when profile form is submitted. You can create a new activity type in System > Database Setup > Activity Types.
- Default Email Profile: Select if you want a link to this profile to be included in ALL outgoing emails. This is usually NOT selected.
- Allow Update: When a profile is saved, the profile is stored in the ‘Attachments’ area of the record. If it’s in ‘Single’ mode, this means you can never add new questions or new multiple-choice answers to that person’s profile. When you check allow update, the system compares the profile in the person’s record against the profile definition as set up under the System menu. If there are new questions or new answer options, they are added. If questions have been moved or removed, they are moved or removed. However, please note that the match-up is based on the Question itself. If you reword the question, the system treats it as a new one, not an update to the existing one. Furthermore, if you have identical questions, the ‘update’ function will cause the same answer to appear for all of them.
- Click the Save action icon.
Adding Profile Automations
In the Automations section, you can define automated actions (email notifications, generate automation plans, removing the person from a rollup) when the form is completed.
- Once the profile name is saved, click the Automations icon at the left.
- In the Notify by Email section, you can define recipients to be alerted when the profile is completed.
- Notify By Email List – Enter a list of email addresses (separated by commas) to be notified when this profile has been completed. The email notification is only on initial completion of the form, not subsequent updates.
- Notify Sender Username – If this box is checked, the user emailing this profile to a candidate will receive an email notification when the profile has been initially completed. The email notification is only on initial completion of the form, not subsequent updates.
- Include XML Attachment in Email – Profiles are stored as XML data in the database. You can choose to have the person who receives the email notification about the profile completion also receive the profile as an XML attachment. This can be useful if you plan to import the data into another system which can interpret XML data.
- In the On Completion Settings section, you can define actions to trigger when the profile is completed.
- Knockout Plan: If an automation plan should be triggered if the candidate selects one answer considered to be a knockout factor, the Automation Plan to trigger is selected using this dropdown.
- Success Autoplan: If an automation plan should be triggered if the candidate does not select any “knockout” answers, the Automation Plan to trigger is selected using this dropdown.
- Remove from Rollup on Submit: Selecting a rollup will cause the record to be removed from the rollup when the profile form is submitted.
- In the Post XML to URL section: If a third-party service or special script has been set up to receive XML data from PCRecruiter, the URL would be entered here. In most cases this will be left blank.
- Click the Save action icon.