When sending any mass-mail through PCRecruiter, you have the ability to enable a “re-send check”, preventing the same recipient from receiving an email meeting the set criteria within the designated time frame.
Resend Checking looks at the email Activities on the Name record to determine if that contact has previously received an email.
Set the Preference #
To enable the feature and admin must turn on the following preference:
- Select System from the main toolbar
- Choose Users
- Choose Manage Users
- Select the user whom you would like to have this ability
- Select the Preferences charm on the left.
- In the Activities tab select the option “Auto-write activities when bulk emailing letters”
- Save for the resend check function to become available.
Activate the Check #
With the auto-write preference turned on, settings for Resend Checking are now available from the Send Letter window when bulk emailing.
- Select the Options block on the left side.
- Under Resend Options, select On
- Do Not Send determines which form letters are checked.
- Any Email — Will not send to this contact if they have received any Form Letter via a Rollup or Search Result in the selected time period.
- Selected Letter Only — Will not send to this contact if they have received the current Form Letter via a Rollup or Search Result in the selected time period.
- Sent Within is the date range for the Resend Checking
An Admin level PCR user can also enable these Resend Check settings by default for all users. The ‘gear’ icon at the bottom left corner of the bulk email window can be used to define this setting for the entire database.