The new “TEL Tag” will allow almost any phone system to dial using the Phone Icon to the right of any phone number in a PCRecruiter Phone field.
Set the Default Phone Application #
- Select Start from the bottom left corner of your machine
- Begin typing “Default Protocol”
- Select Choose a default app for each protocol
- Scroll down to TEL
- Click Choose a Default directly to the right
- Select the phone you would like to use (such as skype)
- Open Facetime application
- Click FaceTime in the top left menu
- Click preferences
- At the bottom of the preferences menu, use the drop down to select the default calling application.
Enable the .TEL protocol #
To enable the .TEL protocol you must be logged in as a user with full admin security settings.
- Go to System
- Manage Users
- Select the username you wish to enable it for
- Click the gear icon next to the Contact Phone field
- Click the Hyperlink tile on the left
- Toggle it on and click Save
Using the Dialer #
- Access any record in PCR
- Locate a phone field that is populated with a valid phone number
- Click the phone icon
- An add activity screen will appear (For quick activity writing access) and the external app will launch dialing the specified number.