Rollup lists allow you to select a symbol as a visual indicator of where the record is in your process. Each type of Rollup (Company, Name or Position) can have its own set of stages; you can alter the label for each symbol as well as the image displayed to reflect your process or terminology. Additionally, each stage can be configured to automatically write an activity, display the New Activity window in which you can add an activity, or execute an automation plan. This configuration is also available for the Rollup Status Icons in the Pipeline.
Configuring Rollup Stages
- Select Rollups from the main navigation toolbar
- Select any Rollup List
- From the dropdown on the right, select Configure
- Click Stage Setup
- Select the Rollup Type (Company, Name or Position).
- For each Stage:
- Click the Gear Icon to choose which image you would like displayed when the corresponding stage is selected (This option is not available for the Clear Status stage).
- Enter a Description. The text entered is the label that will appear when selecting the stage (This option is not available for the Clear Status stage)
- Select the Default Activity Type. This is the Activity Type that will be written to the record or displayed as a default if you configure the stage to automatically write or pop up a new activity window (Learn how to create Activity Types here).
- Choose your Write Activity preference (Note: This activity will have appended text listing the Stage the record was changed to and the Rollup List on which the stage was changed):
- Default Activity: Automatically writes the activity selected in the Default Activity column
- Popup New Activity: Pops up the Add Activity window allowing you to add notes and schedule follow ups prior to saving (The selected Default Activity will be displayed).
- Automation Plan: Automatically writes the selected Default Activity as well as runs the selected Automation Plan. If the Automation plan is set to write an activity and a Default Activity is selected, this will result in two activities being written.
- No Activity: Prevents an activity from being written when the stage is selected
- Select the Merge Plan preference to carry forward items with this symbol when using the Merge Plan feature (The Clear Status stage will always be set to ‘Yes’)
- Click Save
Please note that Rollup Stages can be customized by user. If the Stages should be applied to other users’ views, you must copy the settings to the other users. See “Copying User Settings” here.