The new “TEL Tag” will allow almost any phone system to dial using the Phone Icon to the right of any phone number in a PCRecruiter Phone field.
Set the Default Phone Application
- Select Start from the bottom left corner of your machine
- Begin type “Default Protocol”
- Select “Choose a default app for each protocol”
- Scroll down to TEL
- Click “Choose a Default” directly to the right
- Select the phone you would like to use (such as skype)
- Open Facetime application
- Click FaceTime in the top left menu
- Click preferences
- At the bottom of the preferences menu, use the drop down to select the default calling application.
Using the Dialer
- Access any record in PCR
- Locate a phone field that is populated with a valid phone number and hover over it
- Click the phone icon
- An add activity screen will appear (For quick activity writing access) and the external app will launch dialing the specified number.