Rollup Quick Comments were designed to allow users to add a quick note while working through a rollup lists. Some items that make good use of the Quick Comments area may include, but not be limited to the following:
- Out of the office until Monday
- Incorrect phone number
- 2nd attempt
- Don’t call before 5
It is important to note that this feature is not meant to replace the standard notes and activities areas of PCRecruiter.
Enable Quick Comments in Rollups
The first step to using the Quick Comments feature is to add the Quick Comments column to your desired Rollup Type:
- Select Rollups from the Main Toolbar
- Select Any Rollup list
- Choose Configure from the Action Toolbar on the right
- In your Rollup List Fields area locate the option to Click to Set Field
- From the Click to Set Field dropdown select Quick Comments
- Move this new field wherever you desire in your Rollup Layout via dragging and dropping
- Note: If you have not previously customized your rollup layout, you will need to add any other fields you would like to view in the same fashion; as this will override the template layout you were previously using.
- If desired, choose to sort your rollup lists via Quick Comments. Choosing this setting will automatically show your records alphabetically based on this new column.
- Save your changes
Using Quick Comments
Once you have added the Quick Comments column to your Rollup Layout you can begin adding comments to your rollup records. Keep in mind, you will need to refresh the Rollup List you had open to see the change.
- Select Rollup from the Main Toolbar
- Select a Rollup List
- As you begin working your way through your Rollup, click into the Quick Comments column to enter a comment
- Note: You can use Tab on your keyboard to quickly move between rows. There is also no need to save once the comment has been added.
Viewing Previous Quick Comment
It is important to note that the Quick Comment column is reserved to hold only the most recent comment. If for any reason you need to view the Quick Comment that was previously in the cell it can be found in the Change Log.
- Select the record you would like to see a previous Quick Comment for
- Select Change Log from the dropdown on the left
- View the Quick Comments field where you will see the “before” and “after” value.