These steps should be completed by an administrator of the PCR Database:
Enable Ring Central Integration
To enable Ring Central for the database, follow these steps. Please note that this is a one-time step that must be enabled by an administrator. Once this is setup, then users can be setup to use Ring Central.
- Select System from the main menu.
- Select Add-Ons
- Choose Install Feature
- Enter the feature code ‘ringcentral’
- Choose Next and then Close.
Add Phone Configuration settings within PCR
Please note that this is a one time step that must be enabled by an administrator.
- Select System from the main menu.
- Select Users
- Choose Manage Users
- Select the User Name you wish to enable RingCentral for.
- Select the Gear configuration icon next to the Contact Phone field.
- In the Telephone Settings panel, select RingCentral
- Enter the user’s direct number in the Phone Number and Direct Dial Number fields. The number must be entered in the +1 format as shown below. Do not add the extension.
- Set the User Phone Configuration dropdown to Ring Central App (Unless using an IP Phone)
- Click Save.
- If you are setting up for yourself or have the person’s Ring Central password, you can click Authenticate to login to their Ring Central account to authorize the connection. Or, have the user follow the next set of steps to have the user follow the Authenticating from the MyPCR Screen instructions below to authenticate on their own.
These Steps should be performed by the user:
Get the Ring Central App
Download the Ring Central App from https://support.ringcentral.com/download.html.. There are links at the top for their Windows and Mac versions. If you need assistance with downloading or setting up their app, please contact Ring Central directly.
Authenticating from the MyPCR Screen
Once a users settings have been entered by an administrator they can authenticate their account via the MyPCR screen
- Select MyPCR from the Main toolbar
- Select “You are not authenticated with RingCentral, click here to login.”
- Enter your Email or Phone number that is associated with your RingCentral account (or utilize one of their SSO options)
- Click Next
- Enter your RingCentral Password
- Click Sign In
- Click Authorize
Windows Notifications Configuration
You may find that the default Windows notifications interfere with the PCRecruiter caller ID popup. To correct this, you will need to open the ‘Notification Area Icons’ option in the Windows Control Panel. Set the RingCentral option to “Hide icon and notifications.”
Using RingCentral in PCRecruiter
- You will find ‘Call’ and ‘SMS’ icons in the Action menu at the upper right corner of name, company, and job records.
- You will also see ‘Call’ and ‘SMS’ icons when activating any phone field within a record.
Incoming Call Notification
A Notification will appear in the bottom right corner of your window when there is an incoming call. If multiple records matching the phone number exist, the record with the most recent activity will appear. If the phone number is found on both names and companies, the company record will be favored in the popup.
Clicking on the notification will launch a window with the matching records. The top three will be shown (in order of most recent activity) and the ‘More Records’ option will show additional items up to a maximum of 50 per record type. The << icon will collapse the sidebar to increase screen space if needed. If no records match, the option to add a new record will be presented.
PCRecruiter will log activities for all text and voice communications made through your RingCentral account. Activities are created on a periodic sync with RingCentral’s servers and may not appear in your database immediately.