- Viewing the Pipeline
- Linking Candidates to the Pipeline
- Working in the Pipeline
- Submitting Candidates to Clients via the Pipeline
- Pipeline Setup
An administrative user can customize the Pipeline setup for the users of the database. The setup includes the Pipeline Steps, Default Settings, Pipeline Activities, and Custom Fields.
To access the Pipeline Setup an admin user will need to do the following:
- Select System from the Main Toolbar
- Choose Database Setup
- Choose Pipeline Setup
The PCR Pipeline allows an admin user to add multiple Pipeline Templates to their database which can be customized with different work flows (steps). These Templates can be applied to new Positions moving forward – you cannot apply a new template to a previously created position.
Creating a Template
From the Pipeline Setup screen, do the following:
- Click Add Template
- Enter a Template Name
- Check Primary Template if this is the template you will use most often
- If you create multiple Templates; moving forward you will be prompted to select a Template to use when you create a new Position Record. If you have only created one Custom Template, it will automatically be applied.
Copy a Template
If you would like to use an existing Template as a starting point for a new Template simply push the Copy option next to it. This will create a new duplicated Template which you can then add to following the directions below.
Deleting a Template
If you have no use further use for a template that has been created (Or the PCR Pipeline Template), choose the Delete option to the right of the Template Name. You will be prompted to confirm you want to delete the template. Choose OK to continue.
Once this has been done, you will no longer have that template available to select when creating a new Position moving forward. Any Positions that already use that Pipeline Template will not be affected.
At this point the Pipeline Template will still show up when running reports, activity searches, etc. when you no longer need it to appear in those areas simply click Deleted Templates from the lower left corner of the Pipeline Setup screen. Here you will have two options:
- Restore: The Pipeline Template will return to the dropdown selection when creating new Positions and can be used moving forward (as if it was never deleted)
- Remove From Pickers: Will completely remove the Template from all areas of the database (If the Pipeline Template has been used, it can be restored at any time. If it has not been used it will be permanently deleted).
The Pipeline Flow is where your Pipeline Steps will be configured. Here you can configure the color of your steps, letter options and more!
- If you have just added a new template, you will see an empty New Step, click onto the gray New Step Header to Rename it
- As you type into the header, you will see that the same text will automatically populate into the Short Name, stopping at 10 characters. This is the text displayed for Pipeline Activities, you can modify it if desired.
- Click the Color Selector to modify the colors used for the Step displays
- Use the Drag and Drop Action dropdown to determine what happens when a Name is Dragged and Dropped into the Step. Here you can choose to have the Add Interview Window appear on Drop, or to just move the Name with no prompt.
- Use the Default Letter dropdown to choose the Pipeline Email that will automatically load in the Add Interaction screen when the Step is selected
- Choose if Send Email should be toggled On or Off by default
- Choose the Default Recipients of the email; Candidate, Contact and/or Interviewer
- Click the Add option to Add an automation plan. This plan will be triggered when a Name is moved into the Step.
- Click the Add option to the right to add another Step
- Repeat the above steps until all steps have been added.
- Click Save when finished
The steps of your Pipeline Templates can be deleted and edited as your Company workflow changes.
From the Setup screen simply locate the Step you would like to delete and click the red ‘X’ in the bottom right corner. The Step will be shown in a “Deleted” state until the Pipeline Template is Saved. Until then “Restore” can be clicked to undo the changes.
Once you click Save you will see a dialog prompting you to choose what to do with the records that were in the steps (currently and historically).
- Select Step: Select the Step that records which are currently in the deleted Step will be moved to upon deletion.
- Global Change Historical Data (Recommended): Choosing this option will update historical Activities and Interview Records to the Step selected in the dropdown above. A new activity of ‘STEPDELETE’ will also be written to any effected name records which shows the Deleted Step Name and the Step they were moved to (If they were currently in the Step).The Record Count shows how many Name Records are currently in this Step. These Names will be moved to the Step selected in the Dropdown.
- Do Not Change Historical Data: This option will move all Names which are currently in the Step to be deleted to the Step selected in the dropdown. A ‘STEPDELETE’ activity will be written to any effected records showing the Deleted Step Name and the Step Name that records currently in the Step were moved to, however any historical Activities and Interview Records with the Deleted Step Name will not be updated.(The Record Count shows how many Name Records have historical data for this Step)
Click Delete Steps in the bottom right corner once you have made your selections.
Also from the Pipeline Setup screen, simply click into the Step you would like to edit (Either the colored header or the short name), you will see the text becomes editable. Once you have finished editing, click Save in the bottom right corner.
Once you click Save you will see a dialog prompting you to choose what to do with the records that were in the edited steps (currently and historically).
- Global Change Historical Data (Recommended): Updates the Activity and Interview History of this Step to reflect the New Step Name (The Record Count shows how many Name Records are currently in this Step)
- Do Not Change Historical Data: Only change the Name of the Step in the Pipeline moving forward. (The Record Count shows how many Name Records have a history in the Step being changed but are not currently in the Step.
After an option is selected, the Step will be updated in your Pipelines.
Note: You cannot edit or delete steps in the PCR Pipeline (Default Template)
The Activities configuration controls which Activity options are available within the Pipeline for selection. For an Activity to be seen in the Pipeline it will first need to be created as a regular Activity Type in System > Database Setup > Activity Types. Once the Activity is created there, you can customize the Activity screen.
- Click the Add icon to add an Activity selection
- Use the dropdown to choose the Activity Type that will be seen in the Pipeline
- Click the color selector to assign a color to the Activity Type
- Click the Default Letter dropdown to choose the Pipeline Email that will automatically load in the Add Interaction screen when the Activity is selected
- Choose if Send Email should be toggled On or Off by default
- Choose the Default Recipients of the email if desired
- Repeat as many times as desired
- Save when finished