PCR’s Opt-in/Out list allows a system administrator to define a list of addresses or domains that PCRecruiter will skip over when sending any emails, and to manage opt-ins as well.
- Only users with system administration level security may maintain the Do Not Send List; however, all users may include an ‘Opt Out’ link in their form letter which may cause email addresses to be added to the list.
- The ‘Insert Fields’ button on Form Letters includes an Email Opt Out Link option. When inserted, the email will provide the recipient with a link they can click and enter their email address to be placed on your list.
- The ‘Do Not Send List’ is based on email address rather than an individual’s name.
- The ‘Do Not Send’ list applies to all databases. You must choose one of your databases to hold the actual list. All other databases will refer to the database that is holding the list when sending any email from PCRecruiter.
- For more information on rules and regulations regarding bulk emails, see your country or locale’s regulations.
Set the Storage Location
There will only be one master list for your company’s account. All databases will check against this list.
- Click System.
- Select Email Setup
- Select Email Opt-In/Opt-Out List
- Use the Piggyback Default dropdown to select which database should hold the list. If you only have one database, select the database you always enter. If you have multiple, select your primary database or database you enter most often.
- Click Save.
Within this same screen you will find options for manually adding email addresses to the list, searching the list, deleting, exporting, and importing. The ‘Add to Rollup’ option searches the database for any names which contain emails matched to those on this list and then adds the names to a rollup list for further modification or deletion.
Define the Text for Links and Confirmations
- Click System
- Select Form Letters
- Choose ‘Name Letters’
- Open the ‘Configuration’ option from the Actions menu.
- Link Text: Use this field to define the text of the link as it should appear in your letters.
- Confirmation Text: Use this field to define the text to appear in the screen after someone uses the link.
- Opt-Out Type: Use this dropdown to define whether people who click the link should be blocked from receiving all future emails or only bulk emails.
- The ‘Resend’ options can check the activity log on a name before sending the email to prevent double-sending of any form letter, based on the subject line.
- Click Save to store the default settings for all letters.
Add the Link to a Form Letter
The ‘Insert Fields’ button on Form Letters includes an Email Opt Out and Opt In Link option. When inserted, the email will provide the recipient with a link they can click. If they are not in your database, they will be prompted to manually enter their email address. If you need assistance creating your form letter, click here.
- If you use PCRecruiter Portal for MS Outlook, note that Outlook follows its own mail sending rules. The opt-in/out settings are only adhered to when you send a form letter to a rollup list, thereby going through PCR’s outgoing email setup rather than Outlook itself.
- Global do not send only applies when someone is emailing from PCRecruiter. If you use PCR with IMAP, only emails sent from the PCRecruiter interface will be filtered by the opt-in/out list.