In PCRecruiter, you have the ability to change the defaults and settings for your contract/temp placement timesheets.
An admin level user is able to restrict a user’s ability to reach the timesheets by using the timesheets security in user settings within the system menu. To change this settings for each user, follow the below steps.
- Click the System icon at the top of PCRecruiter
- Click the Users icon in the menu on the left
- Click on Manage Users which appears to the right
- Select the user that you would like to change this security for
- Click on the security tab on the left in the bottom frame
- Scroll down to find the timesheets security drop down menu located in the “Other” tab.
- Full permission will allow this user to change the settings, and defaults for each contract/temp placement
- No permission will not allow this user to change any settings or defaults. They will also not be able to add, or save any timesheets
- The Add, Save permission will allow this user to add, and save timesheets but will not allow them to change the settings, or defaults
- The Add Only permission will only let this user add timesheets. They will not be able to modify timesheets, as well as not being able to change the settings and defaults
- The Read Only permission will only allow this user to view timesheets. It will not let them add new, or modify existing timesheets. This user will also not be able to change the defaults or settings for contract/temp placements
Accessing the Timesheet setup area
- Open any position record for which a placement has been made.
- Click Place from the navigation toolbar, this will display all placements for the position.
- Select Action-Defaults
- Choose “Set Timesheet Defaults” to begin configuring your timesheets
Configuring Timesheet Defaults
Once you have accessed the Timesheet Defaults area you are presented with the following options:
- Default Start Day is the day of the week each timesheet will begin on
- Default Ending Day for Lists is the day of the week each timesheet will end on
- Auto Chg when Assign Expires will change the status on the name record back to candidate once the contract end date has been surpassed
- Approver Form Letter is the form letter you can select the contract approver to receive when they need to approve a timesheet
- Approved Timesheet Form Letter is the form letter you can select for the contractor to receive once their hours have been approved
- Contractor Click Agreement is a set of terms and conditions you would like the contractor to agree to when submitting their timesheet. This agreement is set up as a form letter, and will appear in the terms and conditions box on the timesheet submission screen
- Approver Click Agreement is the set of terms and conditions you would like the approver to agree to when approving a contractor’s timesheet. This agreement is set up as a form letter, and will appear in the terms and conditions box on the approve timesheet screen
- Default Pay Period is the period in which you would like the contractor’s timesheets to be grouped when submitted
- Require Initials will require the contractor, and approver to enter initials when submitting, or approving a timesheet
- Notification for Approved Timesheet is the setting for the above Approved Timesheet Form Letter. This allows you to select whether the contractor, recruiter, or both receive this form letter
- Notification for Rejected Timesheet lets you select if the timesheet rejection message goes to the contractor, recruiter, or both when the approver does not approve the timesheet
- Reminder Form letter is the form letter you can select that reminds the contractor they must still submit their hours
- Burden State will allow you to select the state for the burden rate you choose
- Burden Rate will allow you put in the burden rate for this contractor position
- Start of Day is the time you can select as the earliest available time for the contractor to clock in
- Prohibit TImesheet Edits After Approval lets you decide whether any changes can be made to the timesheet after it has been approved
- Bypass Pin Requirement For Approval lets you decide whether to use, or bypass the pin requirement when submitting a timesheet. This pin is stored as an attachment on the candidate’s record when you choose not to bypass
- Allow Approver to Edit Timesheet Prior to Approval allows your approver to make changes to the timesheet before they approve it
- Disable Third Shift makes it so the contractor cannot clock in/out past midnight.
- Overtime/Double Time Zone allows you to select the appropriate state, or province for calculating overtime, or double time
- Timeclock allows you to set the time increments a contractor can choose from when clocking in/out, or to not allow them to select a time
- Date allows you to show, hide the date, or include prior or future weeks