There are two possible ways for jobs to be posted to your CareerBuilder account. The instructions below describe entering your CareerBuilder account credentials into PCRecruiter so that you may push individual jobs to CareerBuilder from PCRecruiter. In some cases – typically higher volume accounts – CareerBuilder can pull your jobs from an RSS feed on a continual basis. Talk to your CareerBuilder account rep regarding this option, and if warranted, contact PCRecruiter Support for your database’s feed URL. Note that in order to receive applicants, you must first configure the PCRecruiter Job Board.
To post individual jobs to CareerBuilder, have your database admin verify that CareerBuilder is enabled in your Job Channels.
- Open SYSTEM in the PCRecruiter main menu.
- Open Job Board
- Select Configure Job Channels
- Look for the “CareerBuilder” box. If it does not appear under Standard Job Boards, click the large + icon and add it to the group.
- Click Save.
In addition to enabling CareerBuilder as an option, every user who will be pushing jobs to the CareerBuilder.com site must have the account credentials configured in their own login:
- Open any position record.
- In the Action menu at the top right corner of the position, click the Post Job icon.
- Click the Configure gear icon on the CareerBuilder line.
- The Posting URL is always http://dpi2.careerbuilder.com/WebServices/RealTimeJobPost.asmx
- Enter the DPI Username and Password for your XML posting account. NOTE: The username and password for uploading jobs via the DPI (Direct Posting Interface) is not the same as your website login for CareerBuilder.com. Ask your CareerBuilder representative for your correct posting credentials. Cust. Account Code and HHName/Branding are used for scenarios where more than one brand or account are associated with your posting account.
Posting to CareerBuilder
- Open the Position record to be posted.
- Before posting:
- Verify that your job record has a valid Title, City, State and Zip, and a clean Job Description.
- Click the Post Job on the Position’s toolbar.
- Check the box for CareerBuilder.
- Click Next to navigate to the CareerBuilder details for the current position.
- Complete ALL fields in the CareerBuilder details screen – the job will be rejected by CareerBuilder if the fields are not completed.
- Click Save after entering the necessary data.
- Click Post to begin upload of this job to CareerBuilder.com. A new screen will appear which will provide details on the success or failure of the process. Depending on server traffic and queue length at the CareerBuilder.com server, it may take 10-20 minutes for the change to register on the CareerBuilder.com website.
- Click Close to exit the PCRecruiter Posting Wizard.
Removing From / Reposting to CareerBuilder
- Open the position record.
- Click External Posting.
- Click the box in the Site column for CareerBuilder.
- Click Next to navigate to the CareerBuilder details.
- Click Repost to re-transmit the job or Remove to pull it off of CareerBuilder.com. Depending on server traffic and queue length at the CareerBuilder.com server, it may take 10-20 minutes for the change to register on the CareerBuilder.com website.