There are two ways to access the placement screen as will be described below but both must be accessed from the position record.
- Go to the Position tab and search for the job in which you want to make a placement. After clicking on the Job Title go to the left side of the record and click on the ‘Placements’ icon. Now go to the far right and click on the dropdown and select ‘Add Contract/Temp Placement’.
- Go to the position record and click on the Pipeline icon. Place a checkmark next to the candidate’s name in the pipeline and click the dropdown to the far right. Select the ‘Add contract/Temp Placement’ from the list that looks like a piece of paper and a pen.
Once you find the placement screen from either of the ways described above you will have a number of options.
- Name: Click the dropdown to the right of this field to display a list of all candidates in the pipeline to select for being placed or you can search for a candidate by typing in [Last Name], [First Name] and click ‘List’
- Placed By: The default is to have the current user that is logged in but by clicking the dropdown to the right of the field you can select another user to be credited for the placement
- Placement Type: This field can be used to specify a placement in PCRecruiter using placement codes
- Start Date: By clicking in this field a calendar will be brought up where you can select the candidate’s starting date and time. The default is the current date
- End Date: By clicking in this field a calendar will be brought up where you can select the candidate’s end date and time. The default is no end date
- Arranged Date/Time: By clicking in this field a calendar will be brought up where you can select when this contract placement was arranged
- Guarantee: This field is used to put details about the guarantee
- Mark Position as Filled: This field will allow the number of openings to decrease on the position record. When this number reaches zero it will close out the job by marking the status as ‘Filled’
Clicking on the Fees/Rates charm to the left will display more placement details options.
- Default Currency: This will allow you to select the type of currency this placement is for
- Placement Fee: This field will allow you to put in the placement fee
- Fee Percentage: This field will allow you to put in the fee percentage
- Per Diem Daily: This field will allow you to enter in the contractor’s daily allowance for living expenses
- Per Diem Hourly: This field will allow you to enter in the contractor’s hourly allowance for living expenses
- Burden State: This field will allow you put the state in which the contractor is working to automatically calculate that state’s burden rate
- Burden Rate: This field will allow you put in the burden rate for this contractor position
- Bill/Pay Rate: These fields will allow you to put in the contractor’s Bill and Pay rate. It is broken down into Standard, Overtime, On Call, Holiday, and Double Time.
Clicking on the Scheduling charm to the left will display options to mark important appointments on your PCRecruiter schedule around the contractor’s start date.
- Scheduling for the candidate: The upper portion of this window will mark items on your calendar to reach out to the contractor. Options range from 30 days prior to the start date of the contractor up until one year after the start date. Three clock dropdowns will give the choice as to when these items will be placed on your schedule. The first is for items placed before the start date. The second is designed for the start date while the third is meant for items only after the start date.
- Scheduling for the contact: The lower portion of this window will mark items on your calendar to reach out to the contact on the position. Options range from 30 days prior to the start date of the candidate up until one year after the start date. Three clock dropdowns will give the choice as to when these items will be placed on your schedule. The first is for items placed before the start date. The second is designed for the start date while the third is meant for items only after the start date.
Clicking on the Timesheets charm will allow you to set up options for the contractor’s hour submission in the Contractor Module
- PO Number: This is where you may enter in the Purchase Order number (If Applicable)
- Default Pay Period: Select an option from the dropdown that applies to this position’s pay period. Options include Monthly, 2 weeks (odd numbered weeks), 2 weeks (even numbered weeks), twice monthly (15th and 30th) and Weekly.
- Overtime/Double Time Zone: Selecting the dropdown to the right will allow you to select the state’s overtime/double time rules
- Begin Day: Select a day from the dropdown in which the contractor’s work week begins
- Show Timeclock: You can either show or hide the timeclock with this field so that you can allow the contractor to clock in/out or just enter in their total hours per day
- Approver List: Select a person from the dropdown or type in an email address in the box to have that person approve the contractor’s timesheets that are submitted
Once this information has been entered click Place in the lower right corner to document the placement. Once this is done some changes will be applied to records in the database.
- The status of the candidate will change to ‘On Assignment’ corresponding to the Begin Date field. It will be changed to ‘Contractor/Temp’ when it does not fall between the begin and end date fields.
- The Bill/Pay rate will update based off of what was filled in at the placement screen.
- The Available field will show the date in which the contractor becomes available.
- The Company On Assignment field will show the Company in which the contractor position is held in the database.
- The work history of the contractor will be updated with this new position.
- If you chose to mark the position as filled it will decrease the number of opening by one and if that number of opening drops to zero it will change the status of the position to Filled.
With the proper security a user can also customize their placement layouts. Click here to learn how.