There are two ways to access the placement screen as will be described below but both must be accessed from the position record.
- Go to the Position tab and search for the job in which you want to make a placement. After clicking on the Job Title go to the left side of the record and click on the ‘Placements’ icon. Now go to the far right and click on the dropdown and select ‘Add Permanent placement’.
- Go to the position record and click on the Pipeline icon. Place a checkmark next to the candidate’s name in the pipeline and click the dropdown to the far right. Select the ‘Add Permanent Placement’ from the list that looks like an ID badge.
Once you find the placement screen from either of the ways described above you will have a number of options.
- Name: Click the dropdown to the right of this field to display a list of all candidates in the pipeline to select as being placed or you can search for a candidate by typing in [Last Name], [First Name] and click ‘List’
- Placed By: The default is to have the current user that is logged in but by clicking the dropdown to the right of the field you can select another user to be credited for the placement
- Start Date: By clicking in this field a calendar will be brought up where you can select the candidate’s starting date and time. The default is the current date
- Placement Date: By clicking in this field a calendar will be brought up to select the date and time the candidate was placed. The default is the current date
- Placement Type: This field can be used to specify a placement in PCRecruiter using placement codes
- Mark Position Filled: This field will allow the number of openings to decrease on the position record. When this number reaches zero it will close out the job by marking the status as ‘Filled’
- Guarantee: This field is used to put details about the guarantee
Clicking on the Fees/Rates charm to the left will display more placement details options.
- Default Currency: This will allow you to select the type of currency this placement is for
- Placement Fee: This field will allow you to put in the placement fee
- Fee Percentage: This field will allow you to put in the fee percentage
- Starting Salary: This field will allow you to enter the candidate’s starting salary
- Bill Rate: This field will allow you enter in the placement’s bill rate
- Pay Rate: This field will allow you to enter in the candidate’s pay rate
Clicking on the Scheduling charm to the left will display options to mark important appointments on your PCRecruiter schedule around the candidate’s start date.
- Scheduling for the candidate: The upper portion of this window will mark items on your calendar to reach out to the candidate. Options range from 30 days prior to the start date of the candidate up until one year after the start date. Three clock dropdowns will give the choice as to when these items will be placed on your schedule. The first is for items placed before the start date. The second is designed for the start date while the third is meant for items only after the start date.
- Scheduling for the contact: The lower portion of this window will mark items on your calendar to reach out to the contact on the position. Options range from 30 days prior to the start date of the candidate up until one year after the start date. Three clock dropdowns will give the choice as to when these items will be placed on your schedule. The first is for items placed before the start date. The second is designed for the start date while the third is meant for items only after the start date.
Now once all of your details are in about the placement click the Place button in the lower right corner of the window. Once this is done some changes will occur to your records in the database.
- If you chose to mark the position as filled it will decrease the number of opening by one and if that number of opening drops to zero it will change the status of the position to Filled.
- The placed candidate will move from their previous company to the one in which the job is held.
- The status of the candidate will change to Placed and they will inherit the job title of the position.
- The Work History of the candidate will now populate with information from this placement such as the company name, start date and salary.
With the proper security settings a user can also customize their placement layouts. Click here to learn how.