It is important that each user has their outgoing mail settings defined within PCRecruiter. The settings enable PCRecruiter to connect a mail server to send the email (individual or bulk emails).
- Click System
- Click Email Setup
- Click Alias List
- Description: give this alias a name for later recognition
- Alias Name: enter the name to appear on the email as the “sender” name
- From Address: enter the ‘From:’ email address to be used for this alias
- Reply-To Address: enter the email address that replies should be sent to (if different than the ‘From’ address)
- SMTP Server (optional): Enter the server name or IP associated with this email account. The system will use a TLS encrypted connection if available. If your SMTP server requires an SSL connection, you may need to add :465 to the end of the server name. (e.g. ‘mail.mydomain.com:465‘)
- Disable SSL/TLS: If you want to force the email to go only through a non-SSL server connection, check this box.
- Delay Between Emails (milliseconds): Enter a delay to prevent bulk email issues when sending
- Save the settings.
If a user utilizes multiple outgoing email addresses the above steps can be repeated as many times as necessary. You will notice, for any additional entries a “Make Default” checkbox appears as an option. By selecting this checkbox during setup; the user has now set that email address as the primary email address when sending – to access a different alias they will need to adjust the “From” dropdown on the email send screen.