Transferring to Quickbooks
This feature is only available with an installed version of Quickbooks, it is not available on the Cloud Based version
To transfer a timesheet to Quickbooks, you must first transfer the Assignment to Quickbooks, this will just need to be done once, and we recommend doing it when the Placement is made.
- Access the Position the Placement was made for
- Click Placements
- Click the Date of the Placement
- Click Quickbooks
- Click Send to QuickBooks
Once these steps are completed, you can now transfer the Timesheets for all Contractors:
- Click Contract from the Main Toolbar
- Select Hours
- Choose the Pay Period you wish to transfer
- Click Search
- Choose Transfer to Back Office from the Action Toolbar
- Export to Quickbooks
- Click List Timesheets
- Checkmark the timesheets you wish to transfer and select Send to Quickbooks
Transferring to Paychex
You can also choose to transfer your Timesheets to Paychex if desired via a csv file.
Create and Populate Paychex Fields
The first step to using the Paychex export is to create the fields needed for a successful transfer between PCRecruiter and Paychex. For example ORG ID and Worker ID.
- Select System from the Main Toolbar
- Choose Custom Fields
- Choose Name Custom Fields
- Select Add in the action toolbar
- Create your custom field by entering a Field Name and choosing your Action. If you choose to have a dropdown or checkbox be sure to setup the Default Values as well.
Now that your field is created you will need to add it to your name layout:
- Access a Name Record in your database
- Select the Customize icon in the dropdown on the right
- Select “Click to Set Field” this will display a dropdown allowing you to select your new field
- Save once your fields have been added to the layout
- You may now begin populating these fields on your contractor’s records to be exported
- Select Contract from your main toolbar
- Click Hours
- Select the appropriate Pay Period
- Click Search
- Once viewing your list of hours select Transfer to Back Office option from the Action Dropdown
- Enter your Client ID and Line Date, these will show as static columns in your export.
- Choose the Customize gear icon in the bottom left corner of the window
- Map the PCRecruiter Field (Source) to the Paychex export field by matching the fields on the left with the correct destination fields on the right. – your PCRecruiter data will show in these designated columns.
- Save and Close when finished
- Choose List Timesheets; this screen will show everyone who has submitted timesheets for the designated period, however; they will only be selected if they have been approved. You may manually select others as well.
- Choose Export
- Open your downloaded export to begin the import to Paychex.
Please note you will only need to complete steps 5-7 again if you choose to modify your spreadsheet data in the future.