PCRecruiter has a system-wide job feed* for Jobs on Facebook. Adding your jobs to this feed makes it possible for Facebook to find and list your position data, often within one to two hours of posting.
Jobs may appear in multiple places on Facebook, including your business’ Company Page**, via Notifications, in Groups, in Marketplace, and the News Feed. The job will also be visible in Facebook’s site-wide job search engine at FB.com/jobs.
* A ‘job feed’ is an XML file that contains a list of date-stamped job content formatted specifically for another system to periodically read.
** Only Pages with 2,000 or more likes can create custom Page tabs such as the Jobs tab.
These feeds will expose the following stock fields from your PCRecruiter job record to Facebook:
- Job Description: The plain text of the Job Description on the job record.
- Job Type
- Company: The Company record that the job is tied to, or the name of your company, as selected when posting.
- Country: If the Country is incomplete on the position, the default country set on the Facebook config will be used.
- Postal Code
- Job Description
In addition, you may add Salary and Currency values when you post. The Salary field must contain numbers only. If a salary is submitted, you should include the Currency (e.g. USD) as well.
Before any users can add jobs to the feed, an administrator-level user must first enable and configure the channel. This only needs to be done once to enable the channel for the entire database.
- Open SYSTEM from the main PCRecruiter menu.
- Using the Search box at the top of the menu, locate and open the Configure Job Channels panel. The ‘Configure Job Channels’ window is split into ‘Standard Job Boards’, which allow the direct uploading of your jobs to your own account on a third party site, and ‘Job Feeds’, which aggregate the jobs opted in by multiple companies across the entire PCRecruiter hosting service so that job posting sites like Facebook can collect them from a central location.
- Click on the large ‘+’ (plus) under the Job Feeds section to begin activating a new channel.
- Click on the ‘Facebook’ option.
- Click ‘Done’ to add the selected options.
- Click the red ‘gear’ icon on your un-configured channels.
- In the configuration window, you will choose the default values for your postings to this channel. These elements help Facebook to associate your jobs with your company’s Facebook presence:
- Default Feed Organization Name: The public company name displayed on your Facebook account.
- Default Country: This will be used when the job you’re posting has no Country specified.
- Default Company URL: Your company’s website (https://mysite.com)
- Default Facebook Page URL: Your company’s Facebook address (https://facebook.com/mycompany)
- Click ‘Save’ to lock in your default values.
- Once you have completed all configurations and see no more red configuration gear icons, click ‘Save’ to activate the configured channels.
Posting a Job
Once you have configured the Facebook job channel, you can begin to add your open positions to the channel.
- Open any public position in your database. Your job must be set to Available/Open Status, ‘Show on Web’ must be set to Show, and the Number of Openings field cannot be 0. These are the same values that govern whether a job appears in your PCRecruiter Job Board. If the job is visible in your job board then it can be posted to Facebook.
- Choose ‘Post Job’ from the action menu at the upper right corner of the position record.
- Check / Uncheck the channels that you wish to post the job to (in this case, leave Facebook checked).
- Click ‘Next’
- Fill in the fields accordingly. Any items with an asterisk are required by Facebook. The more complete and specific your job’s location data is, the more easily jobseekers will find it on Facebook. NOTE: If you are including Salary, the Salary field must contain numbers only. If a salary is submitted, you should include the Currency (e.g. USD) as well.
- Click ‘POST’ to queue this job for the Facebook feed. The job will usually appear on Facebook within a couple of hours.
- You may re-open the same panel later on and use the ‘Remove’ option to take a job out of the feed and off of the Facebook site. Job removals occur within the same general timeframe as postings. Jobs will automatically be removed if they no longer meet the publishing criteria outlined above (Status = A, Web = Show, # Openings > 0)
- You may return to the same ‘Post Job’ window to view the date and time when the job was posted. NOTE: This timestamp indicates when the user clicked ‘post’ to queue the job for PCRecruiter’s aggregated job feed, but does not indicate when or if the job became public on Facebook. The PCRecruiter feed updates hourly and Facebook checks the feed roughly every one to two hours, so there may be a difference of a few hours between the date given in this window and the actual appearance of the job on Facebook.
- Applicants will apply to these jobs without leaving the Facebook site. Facebook will push their information directly to your PCRecruiter database and associate the record with the appropriate job pipeline.
- The EEO Source field will be set to Facebook for the applicant and, if the candidate is new to the database, a ‘Referrer’ custom field will be created for their record with the value set to ‘Facebook’ as well.
- “Evergreen jobs” will need to be re-posted monthly.
- Facebook does not support nationwide or remote jobs. If you have a position that is available in multiple locations, Facebook recommends creating and posting separate positions for each location.
- Posting a job is a one-way upload from your database into PCRecruiter’s master feed. Any changes made to the position after posting will not be reflected in the feed unless the job is re-posted.