Working within the Outlook Portal you will find that the typical compose email options seen in the browser version of PCRecruiter will be replaced with an Outlook compose email screen. When these compose email windows pop up you will notice that there is a PCRecruiter tab at the top to access all of your normal PCR functions.
Pipeline Emails in Portal
- As described above when accessing email templates in the Outlook Portal it does not bring up a PCR compose email screen but rather an Outlook compose email screen. Below you will learn how to choose a PCR pipeline email template in Outlook while selecting some of PCR’s standard options.
- Go to a position’s pipeline and to the left of the candidate’s name you wish to send the email about click the action dropdown followed by email
- This will open up an Outlook compose email screen with your default pipeline email template
- Clicking the ‘PCRecruiter’ tab at the top of this window will give you multiple options which include:
- Select an email address from your name records to send to the To,CC and BCC fields
- Include an attachment from a Name, Company or Position record as well as from the candidate’s record or the global attachments
- Insert or edit a manager feedback link
- Transform a resume to a PDF file
- Mark the email as private
- Switch to a different pipeline email template
- Send to a rollup list of names
- Edit the header/footer of a resume with a recruiter’s own branding
- Edit a pipeline email template
- At the bottom of this compose email window you will see options to attach the candidate’s resume as well as any other attachments that are linked to the candidate’s name record, include your own header/footer in the attached resume and use the generic name for the resume file
- Without needing to use the “To” field you can check the box at the bottom to send the email to the candidate and/or a position contact if one has been selected on the position record
- If you are attaching a copy of the resume and any other name attachments Microsoft Outlook requires you click the ‘Insert Selected Items’ button or else they will not attach to the email.
- When you are finished click Send
Resume Routing in Portal
Routing resumes in PCRecruiter will allow you to select one or multiple candidate resumes in a position’s pipeline and send them off to a hiring manager. The steps on how to do this in Outlook Portal are below.
- Go to a position’s pipeline and place a checkmark(s) to the left of one or as many candidate’s names you wish to send their resumes
- Go to the Action dropdown to the far right of the pipeline and select the Routing option
- This will open up an Outlook compose email window with your default Pipeline Routing template. Selecting the PCRecruiter tab at the top of this window will allow you to select a different template as well as many of the other options mentioned in the Pipeline Emails in Portal instructions.
- At the bottom of the window you will have options to select all candidate resumes, select/deselect all candidate profiles and checkboxes to include the resume header/footer as well as using the generic name for the resume file as the attachment.
- To include all attachments in the email Outlook requires that you click the ‘Insert Selected Items’ button at the bottom
- Click Send to email your routing template