This new export functionality will take your PCRecruiter Contractor hours and export them to a file which can easily be uploaded into your Paychex accounting software.
Create and Populate Paychex Fields
The first step to using the Paychex export is to create the fields needed for a successful transfer between PCRecruiter and Paychex. For example ORG ID and Worker ID.
- Select System from the Main Toolbar
- Choose Custom Fields
- Choose Name Custom Fields
- Select Add in the dropdown to the right
- Create your custom field by entering a Field Name and choosing your Action. If you choose to have a dropdown or checkbox be sure to setup the Default Values as well (Click here to learn more about the different Custom Fields available).
Now that your field is created you will need to add it to your name layout:
- Access a Name Record in your database
- Select the Customize icon in the dropdown on the right
- Select “Click to Set Field” the will display a dropdown allowing you to select your new field
- Save once your fields have been added to the layout
You may now begin populating these fields on your contractor’s records to be exported
- Select Contract from your main toolbar
- Use the dropdown to select the appropriate week
- Once viewing your list of hours select Transfer to Back Office option from the Action Dropdown in the top right
- Enter your Client ID and Line Date, these will show as static columns in your export.
- Choose the Customize gear icon in the bottom left corner of the window
- Map the PCRecruiter Field (Source) to the Paychex export field by matching the fields on the left with the correct destination fields on the right. – your PCRecruiter data will show in these designated columns.
- Save and Close when finished
- Choose List Timesheets; this screen will show everyone who has submitted timesheets for the designated period, however; they will only be selected if they have been approved. You may manually select others as well.
- Choose Export
- Open your downloaded export to begin the import to Paychex.