This feature will allow the creation of new, different pipelines to be enabled in positions throughout the database. Multiple pipeline configurations can be helpful for tracking different interview types for different jobs and industries using PCRecruiter.
Installing the Multi-Pipeline
Note: Only a User with full administrative access can enable this feature in the database.
- Click System at the top
- Go to Add-Ons
- Click Serial Number, type ‘multiplepipeline’ and choose Save at the bottom
- A new option within Database Settings called Pipeline Configuration will confirm if this was done successfully
Creating a New Multi-Pipeline
After installing the multi-pipeline feature you will be allowed create your own custom pipeline to better suit your interviewing process for different positions.
Note: Only a user with full administrative access to the database can perform this function.
- Click System at the top
- Go to Add-Ons
- Click Multi Pipeline Configuration
- Go to the upper right corner and from the dropdown choose Add Pipeline
- A window will appear to give it a Name, Description, and Category. Only the Name field is required to create a new pipeline but if you wish, give it a description and category to search on and click Done.
- To the left of the name of your pipeline click Action and select Edit Interview Types. A blank window will appear as a template for your new pipeline.
- Click Add Interview Type at the bottom
- Type in your first Interview Type and click Save. These are the main folders in the pipeline and are commonly called “Resume, Telephone, In-Person, etc”
- Now if you click on that Interview Type four icons will appear over to the right
- The first is an “X” which will delete that Interview Type to allow you start over
- The second is a folder which will allow you to rename the Interview Type
- The third is a “+” which will allow you to add a child node or what’s known as an Interview Status. These are commonly known as “First Telephone, Second In-person, etc”
- The fourth is a Properties icon. Upon clicking on this will allow you to give your Interview Type a shortened code, the ability to give your Interview Type an icon in the pipeline by selecting one from the table below, and check boxes to the right to either automatically expand all subfolders within that Interview Type or hide that entire folder and all of its subfolders from the pipeline. There is also an optional field for EEOC Code which is used for HR companies to track disposition codes in some of PCRecruiter’s reports.
- After adding an Interview Type you may want to add subfolders or Interview Statuses to your pipeline. You will do this by:
- Clicking on the Interview Type you wish to add a new Status
- Go to the far right and select the plus sign (as described above in 9C)
- Replace “New Status Code” with the name of your new Interview Status and click outside of the text box to temporarily save it’s name
- Select it once more and click the Properties button to the far right to give it a Description as well as an icon/EEOC Code if you choose and click Done
- Once you have an Interview Status and select it you will notice a plus sign to the far right which means you can create an Interview Status beneath another Interview Status or a third level of depth to your pipeline
- Prioritizing these folders and organizing them on a vertical axis is much easier than before. All you need to do is click and hold the Interview Type or Status and drag the cursor to where you want to place it and release
- Once you have all of your Interview Types/Statuses created and customized click Save at the bottom. You will now be able to integrate this pipeline to any position in your database by clicking here.
Using the Multi-Pipeline
Once you have created a custom pipeline template you will need to append it to a position record in your database. Below are the steps to accomplish this.
Warning: If you follow the steps below and there are candidates in the current pipeline they will all be moved out of their current Interview Types/Statuses and moved back into the “All” folder.
- Go to a Position record and click the ‘Pipeline’ icon over to the left
- Over to the far right click on the dropdown and select the gear icon for “Customize”
- At the top will have a dropdown that will allow you to select a pipeline for the position. Click it and select the name of your custom pipeline followed by Save at the bottom
- Now click the pipeline icon to the left again or reload the frame to see your new pipeline attached to a position.