Email Campaigns introduces a new and improved way to bulk email from PCRecruiter:
- Save Campaigns to reuse
- Create and use custom categories for tracking
- Delayed Sending
- Sending Job Lists
- Reporting Options
Create the Letter
To create a Mail Campaign the first step is to create a form letter to be sent. This letter can be created as a Name, Company, Position or Interview Letter.
- Select System
- Select Form Letters
- Choose either Name Letters, Company Letters, Position Letters or Interview Letters.
- Choose Add Letter from the Action dropdown on the right.
- New Document: Remove existing text and start a new letter
- Open Document: Find and upload a file on your computer to the PCRecruiter Form Letter area
- Save Document: Save a copy of the letter to your computer
- Print: Send the letter to your printer
- Cut, Copy or Paste: Transfer content to and from your clipboard
- Left Justify, Center and Right Justify: Align selected letter content
- Format Paragraph: Create headings, numbered lists and ordered lists
- Bold, Underline and Italics: Format text
- Insert/Edit Image: Use Images
- Insert Fields: Insert field data, signature, profiles, update fields, ect.
- When using a Name Letter select Searcher.TemplateName to append links to available positions from your database to your letter upon sending (If you wish to use a custom template, please contact PCRecruiter Support for assistance).
- These links (and hyperlinks) will be tracked via the PCRecruiter Analytics and reporting tools.
- Save when finished
Sending the Campaign
Campaigns can be sent through the same means as bulk mail; Rollup lists, Search Results and via the Pipeline. You will notice upon clicking the Letter button to begin sending you are presented with the new Email Campaign screen.
- Access a list of search results, rollup list or pipeline (depending on the type of letter created previously).
- Select the records you wish to email
- Choose Letter from the action dropdown
- Enter a Campaign Name (This needs to be unique for tracking purposes)
- Select Categories that relate to your campaign; these will be used for reporting/analyzing (Your categories can be customized at System>Email Setup>Campaign Category Setup
- Click to select letter, and select the letter you wish to use.
- If you select a letter containing the “Searcher List” discussed earlier you will be prompted to choose the positions you would like to include, you may select up to 10 positions.
- Enter your Email Subject
- Adjust the Email Field and From field as necessary
- Choose to Send Now or Send Later; if choosing later you will be prompted to enter a date and time to send.
Use the Advanced option for additional control over when your campaign sends. In this screen you can choose the exact days and hours the campaign will send, as well as allow you to choose an end date (Great for time sensitive campaigns and event specific marketing). This means you can set a campaign to send for an hour Monday-Friday and it will pick up where it left off daily.
In the future if users choose to send the same campaign again and would like the status tracked as a combined total they can utilize the Use Existing Campaign Option.
View Campaign Status
Upon sending you will see a link to “Background Tasks Status Screen” this link will show you the status of your email. From the status screen you can choose to cancel a process or select it to view further details including Minutes Until Complete, Emails Sent, Total Recipients and the status of each name; you will also have the option to toggle between your own background processes, all, and adjust the date filter. This screen can also be accessed from the Master Dropdown in the top right corner of PCRecruiter.
Email Status (Opt Out/Bounces)
PCRecruiter will now provide a visual indicator for email addresses that have received a hard bounce or have opted out of bulk emails (this can also be viewed when checking the status of your campaign). Any email which has received a status of Hard Bounce (Meaning it was invalid or no longer an active email) will display with a red strike through line while email addresses that have opted out will be italicized when viewing the record.
To access the Email Campaign Analytics select Analytics from the Main Toolbar followed by Email Campaigns. Both Analytics options will give you the ability to filter by User and Team (Summary also gives the option to filter by category).
This screen shows the summary for all campaigns sent including Opens, Clicks, Bounces, Replies and Unsubscribes. Bar graphs are provided at the bottom to show Top Open Rate, Top Click Rate, and Top Click-To-Open Rate between Campaigns. You have the ability to click to drill into any of these Top Campaigns by simply clicking them or accessing Details.
From the Details screen you can select your campaign and view Click Rate, Open Rate, Reply Rate, Bounce Rate, and Unsubscribe Rate. You can also view totals (with individual recipients) and add names to a rollup, for instance you can view everyone who clicked a link in the email and add them to an “Interested” Rollup.
There are two reports regarding Mail Campaigns; these are available in the case you do not wish to use the Analytics.
Users with proper security can access these from Reports on the main toolbar followed by Email Campaigns. Once here you will enter your filters and print the report.
Campaign Overview Report
Users will select a Campaign and Date range to run their report. This report will show relevant information to the specified campaign including:
- Total Recipients
- Total Opens
- Total Clicks
- Has Not Opened
- Successful Deliveries
- Unique Opens
- Last Opened
- Click to Open
- Unique Clicks
- Last Clicked
- Subscribers with most opens
- Top links clicked
Campaign Result Lists
To run the Campaign Result Lists report users will need to select a Campaign, Date Range, and the actions they would like included in the report. Once ran, this report will show each recipients history for the corresponding action.